jeudi 20 juin 2019

Battle Report : the Mist Recoil

Ok, I am going to try to write this one in english... we will see if I don't change my mind :D

As I restarted played 4th/5th ed of Warhammer, I contacted "Patatovitch" (the devoted scribe of Taran and Verrah Rubbicon), who excited too to see me back in the game. We did many narrative campaigns many time ago. You can check them on my old site, Slave to Darkness.

Most of them were played in Warhammer 40k, but this time we decided to restart a new one playing Warhammer Battle.
We started the Albion Campaign, which is before Storm of Chaos. We transposed the game in the 4/5 ed, which is completely adaptable.

I was playing 2500 pts of Chaos and he played 2500 pts of Empire. The first scenario is called "The Mist Recoil". So to win the battle, the armies are supposed to take and hold a position at the center of the table which give extra magic cards. An absolute "must have" for every Chaos Sorcerer ;)

I selected almost the same army as the last time against the Khornate Demonic Legion, but without the Chaos Lord. This time my Lord will be my level 3 Sorcere of Slaanesh.

In Albion, the weather is instable and even more rainy than UK or Ireland, so me opponent decided to play without any balistic weapon or war machine. Here is the weather table and the scenario :





I had the first turn, but I decided to let him start : I prefer to have the opportunity to "finish" the battle with the last turn, especially as he doesn't have any missile weapons, except 10 crossbowmen.

The deployment : 



Empire Knights


Imperial Dwarves 


Halberds 


Halberds



My river trolls, lead by a chaos champion


My monted daemonettes


Slaangors and Chaos Sorcerer


Chaos Warriors and Fiends of Slaanesh


Chaos Hounds



The game went pretty fast and deadly. The magic was very powerful and I succedded to kill his level 1 mage with Mental Duel and I paralyzed his level 3 sorcerer with Pavane of Slaanesh/Bondage of Slaanesh.
His giant did pretty well, killing . a lot of beastmen but I had the "Rapturous Banner" so they didn't care that much :D

At the end of the third turn, only the Empire Knights and one regiment of Halberds were still standing so we decided to stop it here as Imperial forces were surrounded by chaos forces.

We had so much fun but we decided that maybe next time we will "nerf" the magic as it is a bit too strong and automatic.

Heil the Dark Prince !!! 


Brave imperials advancing in front of their destiny


Starting to open the "claw"


Daemonettes charge the imperial dwarves and massacre them with help of "Succour of Chaos"






Sounds like it is over guys :D









Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire