dimanche 16 août 2020

Battle Report : Beneath the Howling Stars

 Hello folks !

I was invited last week by Julien to try his new table, with a strong chaotic theme.

The table is very beautiful and finely detailed but it is a bit complicated to play with it for Warhammer.

The story was simple: Malefica, the dark elf high Priestress of Slaanesh had clear sign from her patron, true power will come after defeating Urgull, the Chaos Lord and his horde.... in the realm of Chaos.

The background was set : dark elves will be raiding the chaos slaves in their own territory. We played Warhammer 5th Edition, as usual and I decided to play with the last miniatures I painted. The core of my army will be a strong sorcerer and her suite with some Slaaneshi Chaos allies... (slaves).

My list : 

Malefica, level 4 sorcerer, on foot

Kularis, dark elf general, with the cold one knights

18 dark elves witches

6 cold one knights

12 crossbowmen

2 bolt throwers

6 dark raiders

6 shades 

6 harpies

Allies : 

Shagass, level 1 sorcerer of Slaanesh on cocatrix

Shuguluss, champion fo chaos on chariot with 2 marauder chariots


The deployment was without surprise, I put the bolt throwers on the hill hidden by harpies and  protected by crossbowmen


The cold one knights were in the middle, supporting the witch elves





On my right, I decided to protect my flank with my chaos allies ("send them the Dark Prince' slaves, their blood is worthless...")


My saucy allies : 





And of course, dark raiders and shades used the forest to progress in front of enemy lines...




In front of me, Julien's beautifull Chaos Undivided Horde...

Chaos Knights and Chaos Lord...


Chaos Warriors : 


Chaos Trolls with a Chaos Champion (and Chaos Marauders with a level 3 Sorcerer in the back)




Two armies are facing to each other : 



I took turn 1, so I decided to advance with everyone and to put the sorcerer on cocatrix on the right, flanking his line sneakily...


He succeeded to petrify one chaos knight and I shot 2 of them at the shooting phase. The chaos lord, started to feel lonely.

At his turn, he advanced. too, but a too much and I counter charged him with my knights and chariots. The chariots literally erased the chaos knights, but not the chaos lord that destroyed 2 of them.

The knights charged the chaos warriors, but they were not motivated enough and the fight ended on an equality.... exposing the witches to the trolls... 

Trolls howled at the refined elves and killed 7 of them.... 






Fortunately, dark magic was stronger and I succeeded to break his lines on turn 3. Trolls and Chaos warriors were gone, leaving the marauders facing the entire dark elves army...

Malefica whine with pleasure watching see her enemies devoured by the Harnzipal's Horror... their screams will announce her enlightenment !






























Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire